Tonight is Mexican food!

By LA-jan - October 07, 2008





Terry's cooking one of my favorite mexican dinners. . . chiles rellenos!!


I love my personal chef!











He is using sweet red paceos instead of green chiles, they are beautiful.












Here, I'll give you a close up view! He's already blistered them, peeled and seeded them and stuffed them with cheese and stuck a toothpick in to keep them together.

Don't they look delicious?







He then dips them in an double dip batter. . . first he mixes a flour bath, and then they go into an egg batter that has separated eggs. . . . the yolks mixed with milk and then the whites which were whipped to a peak were gently folded in and provided the second dip before set on the fire to brown. Yum!






. . .while he does all that work in the kitchen, he thought to bring me out a glass of wine with chips and dip to enjoy while I catch up on the debate!


Perfect!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. oh that looks good! I made a quick pot of chili tonight before I ran out to list a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so delicious! i wish i could cook like that!
    i just made spaghetti for the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, could we make this a food blog with recipes. THat looks amazing and since there are no good mexican restaurants in GA i need to learn all the recipes I can get my hands on. I would love to get some recipes from you guys. H

    ReplyDelete