Little things, but what an improvement!

By LA-jan - June 03, 2017

OK, now before you judge, I know this is old school technology.
We have a chalk board dilemma.
No, we HAD a chalkboard dilemma.
Years and years ago, when my now adult kids were very small,
I put up a chalk board in the kitchen. With days and nights
blending and moving without much time to talk between
Terry and I, we managed without texting. Nobody texted back then.
We didn't have cell phones back then!

Have I lost you that are under 40?
Well, the simple message on a chalkboard was our texting.
It worked. Yes, there were phones and we did have a daily
phone call when he got home with the kids and I was into my
shift at work, but there were messages that needed to happen.

Skip to today. Terry and I still use the chalk board. Yes, I have a phone,
I text, I keep lists there, calendar and appointments, however,
Terry still lives life blissfully without smart devices.
He still relies on a chalkboard and a paper calendar.
So, it stays. And it is used.

But, it needed refurbishing.



It just looked tired.

And the ever present broken chalk pieces that fell from the top ledge to the floor
kept ever present chalk dust on the floor.





The bane of the the kitchen!



But, what to do??

Superhuman and ingenious Taylor to the rescue!

I found this sink caddy and we devised a way to attach it to the
chalkboard to stash the eraser and chalk and to contain the CHALK DUST!!

Taylor got right to work reworking the sink caddy and I got to work
cleaning up the chalkboard.

Vinegar and coke did a decent job for me and Taylor straightened out the hanger,
removed the suction cups and attached the hanger with giant staples
and ta dah!!





There you have it!
Little thing, but what an improvement!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nice! Always great to make something work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artistic creative juices at work again. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love creative projects like this!

    ReplyDelete