Halloween 2017

By LA-jan - November 05, 2017

Our theme this year was "The Darkest of Ages"!
The invitations went out.








As the day drew closer, preparations grew more intense.




Taylor got the dragons perfectly done!
Then set to work on the castle prep.



That was looking excellent.
I added the castle sign and got to work on the
wall sconces for the castle.




a bit of yellow, orange and red tissue and a tea light will
just set the right feeling for these!

Of course, if there is a castle, one must have a drawbridge.
What to use for that???
Well, Terry offered twine, that could work.
I braided it and Taylor would spray with paint to make
it appear as metal. Yes.


And what would a drawbridge be without a Porticullis??

A sticky, hilarious couple of hours later, and we had one!

a couple, actually 


Yes, duct tape to the rescue!!

Nothing like a few bamboo stakes and a trip to JoAnn's fabrics for some
remnants and ta dah!


Flags to mark our entrance!

 I think we have the makings of a Castle Pollard!

On the day of the party, I was up early. It didn't take long to discover
we had no plumbing in the kitchen and laundry. I had started an early
laundry load and it overflowed. Thank goodness we had ceramic tile there!
An early call to the plumber and I thought we'd be just fine.
At around 3:30, I was worried! The plumber didn't call, but had cancelled
due to "hospital emergency". I called any one, every plumber, roooter what have
you in the area! I finally got one to show up well into the party, 7pm. He couldn't fix it!
We somehow managed with a plastic tub in the bath tub!

The Party

The earliest arrivals were put right to work. Taylor's friend got the oh'derves
set out. I was not even finished dressed. Never did get my wig on that night!
Lauren got right to work in the kitchen helping Terry!



and things were really movin' then!




Eric and Taylor were running all over the place getting last minute things in place!



Even the neighbor, Fredrick, got right in the kitchen and lent a hand!


He really was a Super hero!

The Night's watch supper crew!


Kevin helped man the drink table


and made sure everyone quenched their thirst



We had quite the list of characters show up












And finally, the Feast was on!







While dragons danced overhead




I did finally sit for a moment, but kind of feel like I was two steps behind and
trying to catch up all night! It didn't seem to matter though.
We all had a great time!







We had a Happy Halloween!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It was such a great party! I can't believe all the work you put in - it is truly a family affair! Thank you so much for inviting us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Great job this year again, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a castle with a draw bridge! It all looks so great! I love the flags and dragons. A feast and no plumbing..just like the darkest of the ages!

    ReplyDelete