Some Christmas

By LA-jan - January 03, 2016

This Christmas was special for us  because
Sean and Katie were coming in.
It's been a couple years since we've had them for Christmas
so we were looking forward to it.
Early in December, Terry and Taylor practiced
their pizza skills for the Christmas eve tradition.


from the onions and garlic
to the perfect pizza dough


the guys prepped tirelessly
till they found the perfect pie










it was hard work,
but from my perch, it wasn't too bad




This year, we were handing out beer samples as gifts, too,
so there was that prep too! From finding the right bottles



to sampling all those brews


to selecting the correct name




and then bottling










it was tireless prep,
but it all came together.
I added my cranberry-banana bread and cookies
and we were in the home stretch




a few pies were made




and one last check of the house and decorations








I especially liked the nativity scene that I recreated from
the nativity set I had gotten from Mom














funny story: I collect all of this greenery and pine cones and berries on my
early morning walks around the reservoir.
I carry a couple of large bags and a small hand clipper
and I just clip away at overgrown parkway shrubs.
Two elderly gentlemen saw me doing this a couple days in a row
and as I am coming up a hill with my heavily packed and
overflowing bags of cuttings,
one gentleman leans in and says "I noticed you clearing
the path the last couple of days and wanted to thank you
for all your work, we appreciate it"
and here I was just collecting decorations for Christmas!




Well, now with all the prep work done,
we are ready to party!
Coming soon!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love Christmas prep as long as I'm not rushed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I do the same thing at local parks but my decor lacks that classy pizazz! You have style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I see Katie and Chris's wedding beer glasses made the Christmas party. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete